Hand sanitizers are saviors of 2020. Nowadays you have access to hand sanitizers everywhere. It was launched in 1990; however, the credibility of hand sanitizers has always been in question.
Sanitizers have alcohol content making them effective for killing germs, but it doesn’t eliminate all germs. If compared with soap and water, hand sanitizer is less efficient, but it kills microbes.
Hand Sanitizers – How and When to Use?
Hand sanitizers have been in the market for a long time, but it was highly demanded only after the novel coronavirus.
Sanitizers are perfect for offices, schools, long journeys, and mainly hospitals, but they cannot be used on heavily dirty and greasy hands.
If you want effective results after using a sanitizer, you need to use it properly.
Always prefer using hand sanitizers with more than 60% alcohol content.
A generous amount of sanitizer should be rubbed all over your hands and palm (as mentioned on the bottle) until it dries up.
The Positives of Using Hand Sanitizers:
- Disinfectant: sanitizers with more than 60% of alcohol content can kill germs. A research study was conducted to find an effective way of reducing the number of sick leaves in offices. Using hand sanitizers in the office showed up the best results. As it helped to stop the spread of the germs from one person to another.
- Accessibility: a sanitizer comes in various sizes this makes it easy to access. A small portable hand sanitizer is a lifesaver in this pandemic situation. It is just an amazing disinfectant for the people who are always on the go and don’t have enough time for the soap and water regime. Using hand sanitizers is zero extra effort for keeping yourself safe.
- Saves money: hand sanitizers are inexpensive with a shelf life of 2-3 years. It is pocket-friendly as well as it acts as a money saver for hospitals and medication bills that can occur in the future. A sanitizer available in small bottles lasts for weeks even for months. Large cans last for six months to one year. These calculations depend on its usage.
Discover Global Hand Sanitizer Demand With Statzy Market Research Report. Try Free Sample Now!
The Negatives of Hand Sanitizers:
- Market trends lead to ineffective products: the global sanitizers market is now a profitable place, leading to the emergence of new brands. There are various options available in stores, but many of them are ineffective. Reading the label instructions and content will help customers make a wise choice. The basic criteria of 60 per cent alcohol concentration need to be fulfilled to kill viruses effectively.
- Cannot eliminate dirt: hand sanitizers are efficient only against some germs and bacteria. It is of no use for removing any bodily fluids, grease, dirt, or other strong materials. Sanitizers are greatly used in hospitals; however, they cannot substitute soap and water.
- Immunity gets targeted: it is proven that frequent use of hand sanitizers affects the immune system. Using hand sanitizers often causes resistance in your body for both good and bad bacteria. It is directly affecting the immune system in fighting off infections. Keeping in mind all their knowledge, the FDA has stated that ‘hand sanitizers cannot replace frequent hand washing.’
Suggested Reading How will Bottled Water Build Immunity?
One of the simplest ways to reduce your risk of getting sick and paramount good health is effective personal hygiene. Make sure you wash your hands frequently and if you do use hand sanitizers, make sure to read the label.